Bulgarian Sports Development Association was founded in 2010 and is a nonprofit public benefit organization devoted to the development of Bulgarian sport and improving sporting culture in Bulgaria!
Main priorities of BSDA:
* Reviving sport culture;
* Education through and in sport;
* Integration through sport;
* Volunteering in sport;
* Good governance in sport;
* Skills of the future and entrepreneurship.
As sport is about ambition, emotion and inspiration initiated by the people for the people, the sector should be based on the personal convictions of decision-makers for integrity, dedication and fairness as well as on the principles of “fair play”, team-work, discipline, equal start and non-discrimination. We believe that sport should be part of a modern life of children and young people and should transmit in them all those values and support their use in all aspects of life. Sport is also be a excellent way to prevent many of the problems with young people such as social exclusion, violence, crime and addictions.
BSDA team is motivated, creative and full of innovative spirit that works for development of Bulgarian sport and enhance the sport culture in Bulgaria with a desire and motivation. BSDA membership is voluntary and the association involve both physical and legal persons who are willing to help sport development with time, ideas, effort or financial support. We also organize different events in the areas of: entrepreneurship, citizenship and active society. The team of the organization consists of professionals from different fields as: sport experts, media specialists, tourism and hospitality, education, marketing and others.
Full member of ISCA – International sport and culture association, World Sport Pacific Federation and National Patient Organization Confederation "Health Protection" - Bulgaria. Represented at:
• National Parliament of the Republic of Bulgaria - Commission on cooperation with NGOs and citizens' complaints (April 2015 – present) - Representative in Public Council - sector "Physical Education and sports".
• Founder of representative body the NGO Forum for support of Bulgarian presidency 2018 (March 2017 - present);
• BSDA has been between first 32 organizations in Europe, that signed the launched from Commissioner Tibor Navracsics pledge of good governance in sport during Sport Forum 2017 in Malta. (March 2017);
• Part of Public Council on youth issues to the Minister of youth and sport in Bulgaria (December 2017 – present).
Recognition and awards:
• "European Everyday of Sport" project has been selected as a success story and good practice by Directorate-General Education, Youth, Sport and Culture of the European Commission in July 2018;
• “Vitamin S(port)” project has been awarded with “Quality sign” by the National agency Erasmus+ of Bulgaria in December 2018;
• Bulgarian sports development association has received award by ProSport Foundation for overall contribution for broadening access to sport in Bulgaria in the category “Civil organization” – December 2018.
Copyright © 2020 ENDURANCE: Entrepreneurial Capacity-building for Sport